Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Inspiration

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.



I am overwhelmed at the words of Proverbs 31. I have many moments when I feel completely inadequate as a wife and a mom. I see clearly the areas that I need to improve and yet another day goes by and no improvement is made.



I hear my children grumble daily about this or that, and repeat myself by telling them "do everything without complaining". Then not five minutes later I catch myself grumbling about this or that. Hmmmm . . . do I ever need to wonder where they learn to complain?




I am humbled to now be raising a daughter. Somehow the stakes seem even higher now. I know they aren't really higher. But I do hope to raise my sweet girl to be a wife and a mother who serves her family with joy and delight . . .and without complaining! It's such a privilege and joy to be a mother, and I know that I cannot be thankful enough for all that God has given me.




Happy Mother's Day to all!! I wish you the best!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you too, Larissa! What 4 sweet and adorable children you have- True blessings from Him! You are a great Mom!

    ReplyDelete