Saturday, May 2, 2009

My new gas stove

In our new place we have a gas stove. Most people who know me . . . know that I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I used to watch lots of cooking shows in the days before homeschooling and 4 children. . . so, I always knew that all the "pros" used gas cooktops and ovens. And I figured that if the "pros" used them, they must be superior in some way.

I'll admit to being intimidated by the cooktop when we first moved in to this place. In fact, Rich used the stove several times before I did. I paid close attention to the method and finally took the plunge. . . and used my new stove. WOW!! I am stunned at the difference. I am sure that my family is bored of me rambling on and on about how amazing my new stove is. So, I figured I'd blog about it and bore the cyber world about it.

I'll start with my bread. I was so worried that I would have to spend months tweaking my bread recipe to get a decent loaf of bread here in my new environment. But my bread is so much better baked in my gas oven. It has a lighter color to it and is much "fluffier" and moist. What a difference! And we are enjoying it so much!

After dinner last night, Rich even said that my new gas cooktop was making me a better cook! LOL In case I've never shared this with you before . . .Rich is actually the one who taught me how to cook. And he still steps in the kitchen every now and then to give me cooking tips. Since he's taught me so much about cooking, I do listen to his tips and appreciate them very much!

So, now I simply hope that I will never have to return to an electric range. After 1 week of cooking on a gas range, it's all I can ever imagine having!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I miss my gas stove. When we bought the house it came with new electric appliances. When they go I am converting the kitchen to gas. It really is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom and Grandma say the same thing! We've never been blessed with a gas stove/oven in any of our homes, but maybe one day we'll upgrade to it! I'm so happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gas stoves! I had one for the first 2 years we lived in NH. Now I have a flat cooktop, but I have to admit it was not as bad as I thought it would be. My new house has a beautiful gas stove and I can't wait to cook on it.
    I'm glad you are enjoying yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete