Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Potty Training for the first time . . . I mean 3rd time!

Well, the time has come for Jonathan to be potty trained. In case you havn't been following my blog, Jonathan is my very intense strong willed child. I have potty trained my 2 older boys and it was very easy. Martin was completely trained in a matter of a few days. It was so easy, that I didn't think it could get an easier than that. But it was even easier with Aaron. With Aaron, I pretty much just told him we were done with diapers and he had to be potty trained . . . and he was! Piece of cake.
Jonathan is, as usual, a whole different ball game. So, here we go. The adventure begins. I do hope to report good things in a few days. But I don't anticipate it being easy with Jonathan. Nothing ever is! LOL

This iron strong will of his is going to be an asset to him as he grows older, but it sure is hard for his momma right now!

5 comments:

  1. I would love any PTing tips! We're going to embark on this adventure once classes are over. Keaton LOVES the *idea* of the potty, so we let him sit on it whenever he wants to, but he's only done each one twice (I'm in no rush to PT, but I also don't want to miss out on an opportunity!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope it goes well! Are you just going to put him in underwear?
    My experience was the opposite of yours. Eliana was a lot of work, but little Penn was easy. Days after his second birthday he told us "no more diapers" and he actually ment it. He is even dry at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, Larissa! Can't wait to hear all your potty-training tips, because I have a feeling that sometime this summer, I will be doing the same thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, I keep him in underwear even while he's sleeping. He has had a couple accidents today, but he's also been successful. Hopefully, he will catch on quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is great!! It sounds like a smooth and easy process! You are braver than I - even though he is dry at nap and night time, I still use a pull-up. I don't want to wash sheets in the middle of the night:)

    ReplyDelete