Monday, May 4, 2009

Celebrating Martin's Birthday









He got up early Saturday morning and went out with daddy for the morning. When he got home, his presents were all wrapped and sitting on our dining room table. So, he went ahead and opened them all up. (Thanks nanny and pupup for the fun gifts ... he especially loves his amazing spiderman pajamas . . . and doesn't prefer to get dressed in the mornings!!) The rest of the afternoon the children played. I made the dinner meal that he chose. (Plain rotini pasta - not very exciting - but his choice) Then we had cake and ice cream complete with 7 candles.
When I put everyone to bed that night, he told me that he was too old for singing bedtime songs. So, he just waited quietly on his bed for me to come and pray with him. I wonder if he'll change his mind about the songs?

3 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday!

    And yes, my guess is that he will change his mind about the songs. Who wouldn't like to be sung to if your Mom is Larissa?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Martin!! I can't believe you are 7 now!! I always remember your birthday since it was my due date with Eliana. Eliana and little Penn's new cousin was born on your birthday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great birthday. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete