Friday, May 8, 2009

And he still sings. . .

A very tired mommy at the end of what seemed to be a neverending day marched up the stairs with a couple of her sons to put them to bed. Aaron and Jonathan share a room and go to bed at the same time. Martin has a somewhat later bedtime, and was finishing up in the shower at the time. Rosalie was with Daddy. I sat on Aaron's bed to pray with my 2 younger boys, and listened intently as Aaron prayed for God to change the age on a class that he wanted to take and as Jonathan prayed for his train to come down the tracks. Then I asked each boy for their choice of bedtime songs for us to sing. They chose the same two songs we always sing. We start singing Aaron's song and it goes off without a hitch. Then we start in on Jonathan's song . . . and from behind me I hear the sweet voice of a newly 7 year old singing that familiar song that we've been singing since he was a tiny baby in my arms. Yes, that's right. He was singing songs with us.

I guess he's not too old to sing bedtime songs afterall! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that he decided to join you in your bedtime singing!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Martin!!!! You're never too old to sing:)

    ReplyDelete