Monday, June 1, 2009

Hamburger Buns



I am super excited to say that all 3 of my boys now eat hamburgers/cheeseburgers. That may sound strange, however, many of you may or may not know that only months ago my middle son, Aaron, pretty much only ate bread. (very healthy homemade bread . . . but still pretty much only bread) Aaron insisted that when he turned 4 he was going to eat everything that everyone else ate. We were very patient with Aaron, as frustrating as it was. Aaron had a gag reflex that would sometimes cause food to come back up, so I didn't push the food issue too much. Once he declared that he would eat everything that the rest of us ate when he turned 4. . . we ran with it. And we held him to it. About a week after he turned 4, he looked up at us through tears and said . . .I wish I had never said that! Nevertheless, it's 6 months later now and he really does eat everything that we eat. . .and he has since he turned 4. AND . . . he likes most of it too!


Last week, we had burgers for the first time in a long time. And this was the first time that Aaron ever had one! He LOVED it!!! He actually wanted another one when he was done! I had stopped putting them on our dinner rotation because Aaron and Jonathan didn't really eat them, so it seemed to be a waste. Both Aaron and Jonathan ate their burgers, and loved them. Martin was thrilled to have burgers back in the rotation!


I don't have pictures to share of the burgers, but wanted to share pictures of the buns that I made. I used soft white and hard white grain, and they turned out so much better this time than last year when I was making them! The children were super excited to get fresh buns. They ate them with butter when they were fresh out of the oven. Later that day we ate burgers on fresh buns. . . and the next day they enjoyed turkey on the buns for lunch. I guess it's exciting for them to have bread in a different shape than just a slice!!!


3 comments:

  1. Makes me crave a good hamburger!! Yay--it's on our rotation for the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, they look delish! This is one my to-try list. we grill out at least 2 times a week & would save so much money making our own, not to mention how much healthier they would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the buns. They look delicious. I feel your excitement for hamburgers. Blake finally started eating hamburgers this year.

    ReplyDelete