We just came off of a busy and fun weekend. (and I didn't take a single picture ... what was I thinking?) It was a whirlwind of events. I have so many thoughts racing through my mind, so I thought I'd put some of them here.
1. My mom came on Thursday. Oh, how I love it when my mom comes to visit. I asked her to come for two reasons. First, I wanted her to see the house that we have been *trying* to buy. Second, I wanted her to stay with the children, so that Rich and I could go to dinner with our good friends, the Huffman's. (kill 2 birds with 1 stone!)
2. Rich and I went out to dinner with the Danny and Cindy Huffman. It was a wonderful night of good food and even better fellowship! We are so thankful for them and their influence in our lives. AND we were able to do it while my mom was with my children. EVEN BETTER! I didn't have to worry the whole evening!
3. On Friday morning, we took my mom to see the house we made an offer on (in early July - it's a short sale situation, so we have been patiently waiting). We had a great time looking at it again and were able to show it to the children as well.
4. Friday evening we got an unfortunate call from Patti, our realtor, basically telling us that things were not looking good. (too many details to include)
5. We took the children to the Family Fun Fair Awana Kickoff event at our church. WHAT A FUN NIGHT!!! It was fantastic! The children had an amazing time. (why didn't I take pictures?)
6. Saturday - I started looking at listings again, just in case our other house falls through. Rich and I went out looking at a few of them - nothing exciting to report, though.
7. I kept looking online.
8. I found a couple of new and intriguing properties.
9. We decided to go look at them - and they just happened to be having an open house at the time, so we were able to go inside!! We fell in love with one of them.
10. We called Patti and told her about it.
11. We decided to terminate our contract on the other house - we were in a situation where we could terminate at any point before the bank gave approval. We have already been waiting almost 2 months. The drama was about to kill us!
12. We have pretty much decided to make an offer on the house we loved.
13. I usually do all my blogging on the weekend and schedule them to appear each weekday morning at 6 AM. I didn't do a single blog entry this weekend.
14. I feel way too distracted to do school this week . . . but I press on.
15. I absolutely love that whenever I check my blog early in the morning ... if there happens to be a comment ... it's always from Pam. It makes me smile!