Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Little Hands to Heaven - Jonathan


Little Hands to Heaven is the pre-school curriculum that I am using with Jonathan this year. Little Hands is a complete preschool program that includes letter recognition and formation, letter sounds with corresponding motions, beginning math skills, Bible activities, devotional topics, art projects, dramatic play, active exploration, fingerplays, and music. This is actually the first time I've ever done an official pre-school program. With Aaron and Martin we just learned through play and didn't officially do school until kindergarten. The reason that I am doing this with Jonathan has nothing to do with the educational aspect of it. Jonathan needs one on one time with me, plain and simple. I need to spend intentional time with him each day that is a planned and scheduled part of our day. He so desperately wants to "do" school like his brothers, and he is super excited about starting school!
The book that is in the middle of the picture is the Teacher Guide. The two books and CD's that surround it are resources that I will use that are scheduled in the Teacher Guide.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool that you are taking his one on one time to instruct so that he can "feel" like his big brothers! I haven't heard of this curriculum before...looking forward to hearing how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Larissa! So glad that you will be having that special time with him each day and I know that he will thrive:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you planned to do this for intentional time with him. I have been thinking of doing the same thing for Abi. She could use the structure of it and she would really benefit from the one-on-one. Amanda is not as "quiet" about things.

    Have you heard anything about Classical Conversations? I heard some moms talking about it at church last week.

    ReplyDelete