Monday, January 11, 2010

Sleeping on the couch














I have awoken many times in the past month to find Jonathan all curled up on the couch with his baby and night-night. I have no idea at what point in the night he comes down. Many times his cup of orange juice is sitting on the end table next to him. I suppose it's possible he gets up thinking that it's morning, goes to the refrigerator, grabs his OJ, and waits on the couch for everyone else to get up. . . and eventually falls back to sleep.
I had to snap the picture, though. (for both memories and because he was just so cute all snuggled up like that!)
I asked Jonathan this morning, "why were you sleeping on the couch?"
Jonathan said, "I wasn't sleeping on the couch, mommy, I was just hanging out with you."

4 comments:

  1. That is too sweet! But it does make you wonder what time he got there - poor baby. Time for the hidden camera? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does make me wonder - I think he does it around 3 or 4. There are times when I wake up hearing quiet steps - but when nothing comes of it, I just go back to sleep. At least he goes back to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 or 4? wow that's early! It is a very good thing he goes back to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie! My Nathan cuddles under his blanket that same way with his little puppy dog- I just love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete