Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to Rich and my TOP TEN

Happy Birthday to my husband!!!

The Top Ten reasons I am thankful for Rich:

10. He is extremely cautious in all areas of life. Decisions, and plans for the future are weighed carefully. The safety of his family is always on his mind. In fact, if he errs - it is always on the side of caution.

9. He is a tightwad - he always has our future in mind - he does not like to part with money. He is all about saving.

8. He is generous. He is very likely to put what he wants on the back burner so that he can help someone in need.

7. He is loyal in all aspects of his life - home, family, friends, and work.

6. He is a great cook. He taught me how to cook without recipes!

5. He is a diverse person. He can fix anything that needs fixing, remodel a home, he is a philospher, an engineer, a VA Tech and Pittsburgh Steelers football fan, and a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey fan. And even better. . . he'd be the first one in line to take me to a performance of the Mozart Requiem should such an opportunity present itself.

4. He has many, many skills. He can and does fix anything that needs repairing. He is a computer wizard. So, I never have to worry about how I am going to get anything fixed around the house, nor do I ever have to worry about what to do about computer issues. We never have to call a repair man for anything!

3. He is incredibly responsible with our finances and is committed to providing not only for our present, but also our future. I have never spent a single second worrying about money since we've been married. He always takes care of everything for me. When he wants to buy something out of the ordinary, he spends several weeks talking it through with me, and even calling a friend with great knowledge in the area of finances(Tony) for advice and wisdom.

2. He models strong leadership for our children. He expects immediate obedience from our children and has challenged me continually to train our children to be obedient. He is consistent with them and that consistency never leaves them wondering what is expected of them.

1. He is my best friend. He is a take charge kind of a guy, he is a leader, and he doesn't hesitate to let me know how he wants things to be. However, he is just as interested in how I want things to be. We are in this life together and he always wants to know what I think. I am thankful that we are a team and get to spend our lives serving God together.

1 comment: