Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ice Skating Lessons for Martin!

Balancing on the ice

Wipeout!

Learning balance while trying to pick up a stuffed animal

Successful attempt - stuffed animal in hand

Martin's first day of ice skating was yesterday. The Ice Skating rink in our town offers special classes in the mornings specifically for homeschoolers.
He said that it was hard, but he really liked it. He wants to learn how to ice skate so he can play ice hockey one day! Oh, how his Daddy likes to hear that!!

3 comments:

  1. How cool! What a fun lesson to take and how neat that it is offered exclusively to homeschoolers in the morning! He looks like he did very well. Andy loved playing hockey growing up as well and I am sure Rich loves that his little boy will soon enough enjoy playing with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! Eliana is going to scream when she sees this. She has been BEGGING us to take her ice skating for a year now and we keep promising her 'later'.

    Good job Martin! Skating is so much fun, and I know as I spent much of my teen years and early 20's skating all winter long.

    Ugg, I guess I have to get her some skates and dust mine off and get her on the ice. I just have a hard time with the cold now that I'm, ummm, older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! My kids went ice skating for the first time when they were in Michigan for Christmas. Tim's parents took them so we didn't get to see (and the pictures were pretty awful). What a fun day for Martin

    ReplyDelete