Monday, January 18, 2010

Random Thoughts

1. My husband will not change diapers. He will help me with anything I ask of him except for diapers, and it doesn’t bother me at all. I never have to worry about finances, whether something needs fixing around the house, or what to do if I need eggs, milk, or butter. He can not and will not be measured by a stinky diaper.
2. I didn’t have to walk out of the church service with Rosalie yesterday. This was a very big deal. It was hard work to keep all of them in the church service, but Rosalie has definitely been the hardest. Martin was a close second. Aaron and Jonathan almost always fell asleep on me during the sermon, so it seemed so much more manageable in that respect. Rosalie, will not fall asleep on me, and she wants to talk to everyone all around her. While, I’d like to think that my ability to keep her quiet yesterday is a new trend that will continue. . . I am far too realistic to believe it. So, I’ll just say, I hope she does well next week - and leave it at that.
3. Jonathan has turned into an incredibly sweet little boy. I have walked through the fire with that child. He is strong willed, determined, and tough as he can be. I determined early on that he would not win. And he was a tough opponent - but he was no match for his daddy - I would say me, but I tend to be a pushover. Not long after he turned 3 - he became incredibly pleasant, joyful, and sweet. I am so thankful for his sweet smiles and constant, “I love yous”.
4. Aaron wants to be a restaurant worker when he grows up.
5. I am continually amazed at Martin’s tender heart and generosity toward his siblings.
6. I miss singing and playing the piano. Theoretically, I could still sing and play - I do, in fact, still have a piano, and I do still have a voice. I don't, however, have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment