Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Growing by leaps and bounds


Normal practice in our house for bedtime: I take Rosalie upstairs to put her to bed. The boys eat a small snack, brush teeth, go to the bathroom and Rich takes them upstairs to their beds, and they wait for me to come in and sing them songs, pray, and tuck them in for the night.

Martin knew that I had to go to the store tonight, so he said, "Mommy, I can put them to bed tonight, I know how to do it! I will sing them their songs and pray with them and tuck them in bed!"
So, I said, "okay, just let Daddy know you are going to put them to bed tonight."
As I was feeding and rocking Rosalie I heard Martin sitting on the stairs with his brothers. He sang each of them their song, and said a sweet prayer with them. Then he told them to keep their feet quiet as to not wake up the baby!

He tucked them each in their beds and gave them a kiss.
He is growing up and becoming a caring and responsible individual. It's happening before my very eyes. His brothers are blessed to have him as the older brother.

5 comments: