Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Last week was my mom's birthday! She turned 58 years young.
I was able to be in Virginia for her birthday. My sister and I planned to have a picture taken of all of our children together for my mom's gift. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get me and my four children out the door (my mom's door) without mom knowing where we are going? She was TOTALLY suspect of me! She knew something was up. . . but played along with it. It didn't help that as we were walking down the stairs of my mom's house, Martin asked me if we were going to get the picture taken now!
Anyway, I met my sister at the mall and we took the children to The Picture People to have the picture taken. It was a challenge to have a picture taken with 7 children. However, 6 of the 7 children were cooperating just fine. If you follow my blog, you might be able to guess which child was not cooperating! Jonathan loves to have his picture taken at home. . . but when I take him to a studio he does his VERY best at trying NOT to smile. I did just about everything I could think of to get him to smile . . . I even bribed him with fast food. (you have to know that's a big deal for me. . . since we generally stay away from it!)

Nothing was working. . . UNTIL . . . I spied a red airplane. I asked if we could pull that out. Once we pulled the airplane out. . . Jonathan was all smiles!





This is the one we chose for my mom

This is when we gave her the picture . . .she was surprised that we didn't coordinate outfits. . . it looks like we did!

She loved the picture!!

4 comments:

  1. how sweet!

    It did look like you coordinated!

    Did you like Picture People? I always get coupons from them and have never gone. Keaton hates studios too - we had a HORRIBLE experience at Sears last summer and I'm afraid to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture! And yes, it does look like you coordinated! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only reason that I go to Picture People is if I need the picture and can't wait. And I always make sure I have a good coupon. They are so expensive. IT's $18 a sheet.
    The coupon I had for this session was free 10X13 plus 20% off entire order. So, it wasn't too bad.
    They were okay . . . but my sister and I were the ones having to figure out how to make it all work, making suggestions on how to add props. The girl taking the picture didn't seem to know what she was doing. . . but to her defense . . . taking a picture of seven children, one who is an infant, 2 two year olds, and an child who is autistic. . .that could overwhelm anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course. . . Lauren, who is autistic, was the least of our problems that day. She is the BEST picture taker EVER! She loves to smile for the camera. It was my Jonathan, who was the problem! LOL

    ReplyDelete