Monday, August 24, 2009

Fishing with Daddy

Rich took Martin on his very first fishing trip this past Saturday! Rich's good friend, Eric, invited them to go fishing on his canoe out at Falls Lake. Martin was beyond excited to be able to go on a boat. . . and to fish with a real fishing pole!!I stayed at home with the rest of our little ones, so I didn't get to see him experience his first fishing trip. . . but I heard. . . that he didn't want much to do with putting the cricket on the hook for bait!
He was one proud 7 year old. . . when he came home with some GREAT catches!
Martin caught 2 catfish! Rich caught a bass. Eric caught a catfish.
Eric taught Rich how to filet the fish. . . not something I cared to watch. . . but Jonathan quite enjoyed watching them dig the guts out of the fish! (that's my boy!)

Rich breaded the fish using the breading method that I posted about on an earlier blog. (breaded chicken) And it works for fish too!!
He fried the fish in coconut oil.

Then he placed the fried catfish in front of the boy who caught the fish.

And he takes his first bite . . .

Rich joined him at the table to eat their catches. . . and they enjoyed that yummy fried fish! (it occured to us that our children had never had fried fish before!)


Jonathan had to get in on eating some of that fried fish. . . and he LOVED it!

But the greatest surprise. . . was that Aaron wanted in on the action. . . and even he liked it . . .and asked for more!!!

8 comments:

  1. It looks like the fishing trip was a BIG success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time Martin had!! I'm sure he can't wait to go again. My kids love fishing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!
    Look at all those fish--what a great day with Daddy! And how cool that all the boys enjoyed the fish! Did Mom join in on the eating action?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom doesn't like fish. . . but I did take a bite. . . it was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun outing for your two biggest boys! Love that they not only caught the fish, but fried them up and ate them! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like fish either, Larissa! But my family LOVES it and I find myself making it for them from time to time for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good! I LOVE fried fish. My dad used to go fishing a lot when I was a kid and my favorite part was watching him cut them up and fillet them. I know, I'm weird. I made the chicken tender recipe tonight for dinner and it was a hit with the kids. Just paired it up with my homemade honey mustard dipping sauce. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! Glad to hear you tried making the chicken! It's a huge hit with my children too! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete