Saturday, August 29, 2009

Didn't work out so well . . .

I made felt "clothing". I cut out lots and lots of shirts, skirts, underwear, pants, hats, and socks. I also cut out circles, squares, rectangles, diamonds, and triangles. I was hoping that I would be providing Jonathan with hours of fun, learning, and quiet. (so that I could get some work done with my other two)
I spent lots of time cutting and preparing this activity for Jonathan.
What did it get me?
Nothing, Nilch, Nada!!! And a very frustrated 2 year old. He was not able to work the clothes clips. . . and it made him so mad and frustrated. The only thing this activity did for me was cause me grief and frustration! I am not giving up, though. I am just going to have to spend some afternoon time practicing with him. . . and then maybe he'll be able to do it on his own during school time! I'll have to keep you posted on his progress!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Maybe you could make a couple of felt people that he could lay the clothes on, on the floor or table, until he can work the clothes pins? I'd hate to see all that hard work be put to waste...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea, Tara. I got him practicing the clothes pins a little today. He's starting to get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can image that is frustrating for you and him. You are such a good mommy to think of intresting things for him to do while you are teaching your others.

    ReplyDelete