Thursday, July 16, 2009

Our exciting mail!!

After literally months of reading, searching, researching and changing my mind a hundred times, I finally made my decision and placed the order last week for both Aaron and Martin's school year. It was very hard for me this year, because I knew that I wanted to do something completely different than what I had been doing. I found Heart of Dakota and fell in love with it. It's exactly the approach that I want to take in homeschooling and seems like it will be a good fit for our family. It's a learning through literature approach with lots of reading aloud, hands on activities, and work geared toward producing independent thinking. It is a Bible based program along with being academically challenging.

Most of the books came in the mail this week and the boys were so excited! Aaron and Martin both wanted to start school right then and there. I organized all of the books into an Aaron pile and a Martin pile, and they went to town leafing through their new books.
(This was Aaron exclaiming, "this is a chapter book, mommy!)
We still have a few more packages that have yet to come. But this was an exciting start!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that they are that eager to start already! Larissa, you are doing a great job with them and promoting their love for learning! Can't wait to see how the new curriculum goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so first I love Aaron in his Batman costume...and second, I really love his expression when he realizes that he's got a chapter book! So fun for them to be ready to get going with their school year!!!

    ReplyDelete