Monday, July 20, 2009

Hand Me Downs

Clothing 4 children can be a very expensive line item in the budget. I am not much of a shopper, really, but whenever I do happen to be out and about, I am always amazed at the cost of children's clothing.
I am thankful to say that we've been abundantly blessed in the clothing department. I got enough clothing from baby showers to clothe Martin for the first year of his life, and my mom(who does love to shop) bought clothes for him as well.
Here's a shot of Aaron with one of the shirts my mom has bought over the years:
We've also gotten clothing from Rich's mom and dad over the years that has helped us tremendously! Here is a picture of Jonathan in an outfit that Rich's mom and dad bought for Martin when Martin turned 3!!! It's made it's way through 3 boys!
We've also been blessed through hand me downs. My sister's dear friend Carol, has been giving me hand-me-downs from her son, since Martin was 2 years old. The clothes that she has given me are in wonderful shape. Jeans, shirts, belts, shoes, dress clothes. . . in the best condition! Here is a picture of Martin in some shorts and a shirt that Carol passed along to us!
(excuse the expression, Martin wasn't particularly in a mood to have his picture taken! LOL)
I've hardly had to buy the first thing for any of my boys because of my mom, Carol, and Rich's parents.
You'd think that after having 3 boys, that I'd be in big trouble with having to now clothe a baby girl. My sister has 3 girls, so I am now enjoying dressing my baby girl in the abundance of clothing that my sister saved for me in the case that I would EVER have a girl! Here is a picture of Rosalie wearing one of the MANY gorgeous dresses that Juliann handed down to us!
I have a huge closet FULL of hand me downs for Rosalie, from my sister . . . and what makes it so sweet . . . is that her 3 sweet cousins wore them too!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE hand-me-downs too! I think it's so fun to watch each child get to wear the same outfit through the years! Some of my favorites that Nicholas wore were also my favorites for Ethan...and I've even been able to pull out a few for Elizabeth to wear. The majority of her clothes now come from Pam who is letting us borrow them-what a blessing!!! She can wear them and I can pass them right back to Pam! So thankful for hand-me-downs. By the looks of the closet, Rosalie will be set for life!!! See if you've got any pics of your boys in the same clothes through the years and post some, I'd love to see them! Through the years posts are some of my favorites! Gracious, this is a long comment, sorry!

    ReplyDelete