Monday, July 13, 2009

Martin's first sandwich


I have recently been trying to train Martin to do more things for himself. Every new thing that he learns to do for himself, is one less thing that I have to do. So, the project for this past week was making his own sandwich. He is an excellent student and did a fantastic job for his first time!!! Along with teaching him to make the sandwich, I also taught him to clean up and put everything away. (a very important step of the process!)

He asks everyday now if he can make his own sandwich . . . and I am more than happy to let him do it!

Getting ready to cut it in half


Cutting the sandwich

3 comments:

  1. YAY Martin! Great job being independent! I know that must be such a help for you, Larissa! He is such a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Martin!! You are such a big boy now!! Making your own sandwich...I am impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So we'll be over for lunch and will have Martin make sandwiches for us!! Great job Martin! :)

    ReplyDelete