Monday, January 31, 2011

Jonathan loves "his" letters


I've recently taught Jonathan how to navigate on the computer - so now one of his most favorite things to do is "his" letters on the computer. I am convinced that if I don't start him in K next year, he's just going to do it without me. I am having a hard time making up my mind on what I should do with him. He's a super motivated learner. I have some time before I decide - but I am thinking about it all the time. If I do start him in K next year, I'll have K, 2nd, and 4th grade going on here at the Holland house.
There is certainly no hurry in starting him, but I can't think of a reason to put it off another year either.
I keep wondering how it is even possible that I could already have 3 school aged children.

Lord, help me to treasure each moment I have with my children!

3 comments:

  1. Nathan and Natalie love playing "letters" on the computer too! What a fun, cherishable age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larissa, enjoy them each and every day. Before long they will be married having their own children or in the jungles of Peru teaching English to the natives. However, being a Grandpa has it's own set of wonderful rewards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes, yes! Our kids are growing up way too fast. I'm sure Jonathan will do wonderfully with school.
    I am finding that little Penn is blowing me away! First off his "preschool" is a lot more advanced than I thought it would be. It's more like pre-K and he is flying through it. This past week he tells me that p-o-t spells pot. Then today tells my that pots spelled backwards is stop. Ok - how did he figure that one out!

    Anyways, Go for it with Jonathan. If he is anything like your others (and I sure he is), he will a great job.

    ReplyDelete