Saturday, February 20, 2010

100 Fun Facts 51-75

51. I have adjusted to living in NC and now have the mindset that I will be content no matter where we live - I am just thankful that we are together.

52. When we moved to NC almost 7 years ago, we never dreamed that we would be in NC for 7 years. We saw it as a temporary place of residence.

53. For the first 5 years that we lived here, Rich was gone most of the time. He was either at work or Seminary or working on his school work.

54. Rich worked for Sears selling appliances for the first 3 years we lived here. He switched jobs when I was pregnant with Jonathan and started selling appliances at Garner TV and Appliance. He knows alot about appliances. He worked there for almost 2 years, and then made the bold move to quit and work only on his dissertation.

55. We lived on our savings account while Rich wrote his dissertation. I am so thankful that we were in a position to do that, so that he could finish and graduate. I am thankful that Rich worked so hard to get us into a position where we could go without an income for such a long time.

56. Shortly after Rich quit his job at Garner, we found out we were expecting Rosalie. It was not in the "no income" plan of ours, but we are forever thankful for this unexpected blessing.

57. I originally had something else here for #57 and thought it was dumb. I was reading the whole list to Rich and after I finished, I said, "I need to go fix that dumb one," and he said, "which dumb one?"

58. Rich was at home 24/7 during my pregnancy with Rosalie. LOVED THAT!

59. I am homeschooling my children and I love it.

60. I do not love all the distraction that a toddler and baby bring to the mix of homeschooling. I am not very good at multi-tasking. (like you are supposed to be when you are a mom)

61. I have audio-processing disorder. (my sister thinks it's not real) But it is. I discovered it when I was teaching. I actually thought I was losing my hearing. I went to have my hearing checked and discovered that it's actually audio processing disorder. (it just means that when there are lots of different noises going on around me, I am not able to process all the sounds - it's a jumbled mess of noises.) So, if I am ever talking to you in a large crowd of people making lots of noise, I may not be able to make out anything you say - forgive me if I have to say, "what?" over and over again.

62. I grew up a navy brat. I was able to live overseas. I lived in Iceland for 3 years and Puerto Rico for 2 years.

63. Rich grew up mostly in Pennsylvania and claims Belle Vernon, PA as where he is from. He lived some of his growing up years in New Jersey. (he likes to forget about those)

64. I don't really have a place that I am from. I never even lived in the place where I was born. It was just the closest Naval Hospital (Bethesda, MD) to where we lived.

65. Rich's parents have been married for 46 years. My parents have been married for 40 years.

66. Rich and I both have brown eyes. (and brown hair, but most of you who know Rich wouldn't know that about him) Our oldest son has blond hair and blue eyes. We were very surprised as Martin grew and his eyes kept getting bluer. I was certain that his eyes would change to brown.

67. I considered going to Virginia Tech when I was trying to figure out what college to go to - how weird if Rich and I would have met in college. We would have been there the same time - and we probably never would have gotten married.

68.I graduated from Belmont University in Nashville, TN, with a degree in Vocal Music Education. Rich graduated from Virginia Tech, with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

69. I loved Nashville and didn't think I'd ever want to leave when I graduated. I actually interviewed for jobs in and around Nashville. Nothing worked out, so I stayed in Virginia. I do not regret that.

70. My first teaching job was as a Middle School Choral Director at Great Neck Middle School in Virginia Beach. I really loved teaching Middle School!


71. Rich served as an engineer officer in the United States Army for 4 years. He was in the Army when we got married. I got to be an officer's wife for about 10 months.


72. Rich made it very clear when we married that he only wanted 2 children. When I would try to negotiate with him up to 3 - he would negotiate back by going down to 1.


73. We have neither 1, nor 2, nor 3 children. Does that mean that I won?


74. We did a ton of reading about vaccines before Martin was born, and decided that we would selectively vaccinate him. But after further reading, we decided not to do any at all.

75. The decision to not vaccinate led me down an unexpected path toward natural health and nutrition for which I will forever be thankful.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were an officer's wife!!! And I'm thankful that you have lived in NC for longer than you thought so that I could meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love # 72 & 73! they made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAPD (Central Audio Processing Disorder) is very real! I went to college for Speech-Language Pathology and did a specialized study in CAPD! Never knew that about you! Loved reading all your facts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy - LOL

    Pam - thank you for validating my CAPD!!

    ReplyDelete