Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Breadmaking Station

That's right . . . an entire breadmaking station!!! I had about 22 inches of counter space in my other kitchen. Here at this new house, I have alot of counter space . . . and an area that is perfect for all of my breadmaking supplies and machines. I am LOVING it!! I made bread for the first time here today . . . and it went remarkably well. Those of you out there who make whole grain bread starting with the grinding of whole grain, know how difficult the process can be and how much tweaking can be involved in order to get a good loaf of bread. I was worried that the new environment would wreak havoc on my bread. However, it did NOT!! I have a new gas stove . . . and it makes a GREAT loaf of bread. My bread comes out even better with the gas oven. YAY!!


And of course, I have to share pictures of my breadmaking station!! The top picture shows the pewter colored kitchenaid mixer on the bottom left and my white grain mill on the right. Above it in the cabinets are my measuring glasses, cups, measuring bowl, bread pans, and breadmaking ingredients. The picture below that shows the mixer and grain mill at the top with the cabinet below housing my very large rubbermaid containers of whole grain. (hard white, soft white, spelt, kamut, and oat groats. I have everything all right there contained in one "station". LOVE IT!!

And here is the final product:

13 comments:

  1. Yummmmm!!! I love your bread! So excited that you have a place for your supplies all together!!! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I wish I had a bread making station.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larissa, I'm so excited for you and your breadmaking station! Organization at its best!!! And I agree with Julie- your bread is so yummy! (As a matter of fact, is that loaf already missing a slice? Someone already got a hold of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!! You really did need this. I'm so happy for you. And look how nice and organized everything is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that you have an entire area devoted to bread making! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your breadmaking station looks wonderful. We have made homemade wheat bread for years now and have recently had to switch some of the family to gluten-free. So I don't make the whole wheat bread as often since it goes longer. I have been in the process of re-arranging all my cabinets to accommodate my new cooking and it is makes cooking and baking so much more enjoyable. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! The station & the bread! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I make bread a lot too and this looks like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy. What a great place to make bread.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so jealous! :) I would love to have the counterspace to dedicate just to breadmaking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, I only wish I had counter space for that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I started making bread last year and I love it. I don't have a nice organized station though haha. We love the smell :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I would love the extra counter space for this. I have always thought a baking station would be wonderful. I bet I could probably make it happen if I could just convince myself to get rid of some of my {ahem} junk. ;)

    ReplyDelete