Thursday, April 16, 2009

We are moving

That's right!! We are moving to a much bigger place! Since we have lived here in NC, we have been crammed into about a 1000 sq feet of living space and only two bedrooms. We are so thankful and excited that we are going to almost double that amount of space!! What a blessing this house is! We will have 3 bedrooms plus a bonus area that will be the "play area".

The perks for the children: They will have a play area for all their toys and play! There bedroom will be for sleeping and dressing.

The perks for Rich: He won't have to share his office space with our newborn daughter!! His office space is currently our bedroom, Rosalie's bedroom, and his office!! In our new house he will use our bedroom as an office space . . . but during the day it will be all his!!!

The perks for me: HUGE KITCHEN!!! Do you have any idea how many dishes I have broken since I have lived in our current home? We have about 18 inches of counter space . . . and what can I do in my kitchen on a daily basis requires far more than that!!! I spend a lot of time in our kitchen. . .and need far more counter space than what I have! So, dishes have been accidentally pushed off the counter. The new kitchen has more cabinets and more counter space! It also has a HUGE up to my neck bath tub. I have 3 young boys and a newborn . . . this girl needs a little getaway at time! :)

So, we now have the keys to our new house and will be moving over the next week and a half. I see lots of trips back and forth over the next several days!

5 comments:

  1. We're in the moving and many back & forth trips as well! Praise God for His provision! I know you will love all the home has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Glad to see you blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! We are so happy for you!!!! We can't wait to see your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds marvelous, Larissa! So happy for you and your family to have more breathing, working and playing room. Enjoy that big new kitchen and TUB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Larissa has a blog! I can't wait to see lots of pictures of the kiddos. Hope the moving goes well, I'm so excited for you to get a larger home. I'm right there with you in the midst of packing and moving for our 3rd move in 3 years Once our house closes on 7/1 that will be our 4th move in less than 5 years of marriage. I can't tell you how excited I am to finally own a house knowing that I could never have to move again.

    ReplyDelete