Friday, January 13, 2012

No more training wheels for Jonathan!

Just like I did with Aaron, we encouraged Jonathan to learn how to ride a 2-wheeled scooter before we took the training wheels off.  Once he mastered balance on the scooter, I took off the training wheels and off he went.  Aaron learned the 2-wheeled bike at not quite 4 1/2 - but he's not nearly as cautious as Jonathan.  I had already decided that I wouldn't push the issue of removing the training wheels.  I would just wait until he asked.  Once he asked, I was more than happy to remove them!

Off came the wheels ... and off he went without looking back!

It was easy for him!  He had no difficulties and quite obviously had the balance part down!

The only thing he struggled with was getting started, but he has since mastered that as well!  A little more practice on this bike ... and it will be time for the next size up!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how fast they can go on these little bikes?! Good job Jonathan!

    My brother just gave little Penn a new bike for his birthday. His old one is the size of Jonathan's, but the new bike is bigger than Eliana's. I am hoping he will do okay with it once the seat is lowered all the way. He rode it a little since there was no snow on the ground and he did okay, just had a hard time getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jonathan! You'll have to come over with your bike sometime and ride in the church parking lot with Nathan :)

    ReplyDelete