Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Martin's History Project


Many of you have heard me speak about Heart of Dakota. You have seen the sidebars that show which curriculum guide that each of my children are using. I love Heart of Dakota! I have been using it for several years now and have no intention of using anything else. It took me a couple years to find a good fit for us ... Heart of Dakota is most definitely that fit!
This week, Martin has been learning about Ancient Egypt and hieroglyphics. His history project this week was to make air-dry clay, press it out into an oval, and then etch a hieroglyphic into the oval. (he copied an example of hieroglyphics from his history book)
We let it dry for 2 days, and then he painted it. It was such a fun project ... and one that is not only etched on the clay tablet ... it's etched in his mind!

2 comments: