Monday, September 21, 2009

My yearly grain arrived. . .FINALLY!


I was out of every variety of grain except for Spelt. So, for about a month, we had spelt bread, spelt pancakes, and spelt waffles! Can't go wrong with spelt, though!!!

I ordered:
100 pounds of Prairie Gold
50 pounds of Kamut
50 pounds of Oat Groats
50 pounds of Soft White


I use Prairie Gold, kamut, spelt, and oat groats for my bread.
I use Spelt and Kamut for pancakes, waffles, and muffins.
I use soft white for hamburger buns and pizza crust.

I would eventually like to get a roller, so that I can roll out my own oats for granola and oatmeal.

So, we are back in business with all the different varieties of grain!!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of grain, Larissa! But all your "breads" are so yummy that I know it will not go to waste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyway you could next day mail me a loaf of that bread? :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete