Monday, January 21, 2013

Gluten Free Brownies - RIDICULOUSLY GOOD!

I made these Gluten Free brownies yesterday. I was enormously skeptical that they would be any good, but I went for it anyway. I used a recipe from the gluten-free goddess blog. I was pleasantly surprised with the results.
I did not have almond meal, although I had almonds. So, I made my own almond meal. I did not love making my own almond meal. It was tedious and frustrating. The next time I make this recipe, I would prefer to have a bag of already prepared almond meal.
They were super chocolately, moist, and the texture was outstanding. Rich thought they were very good, but a little loose. I'm not sure yet how I would tweak it to make them stay together better. I, personally, don't mind a brownie that is a little loose as long as it has a deep dark chocolate taste. This one definitely did!
So, if you are looking for a great brownie recipe that is gluten free - look no further. This one is tried and true!


2 comments:

  1. How did you make the almond that you did not enjoy it? I find it only takes a couple of minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ground it up carefully as not to make it into almond butter and then sifted it through a sifter - and kept repeating until I had enough. It took forever.

      Delete