Thursday, December 8, 2011

Science Center with Duffy and her children

Rosalie, Jonathan, and Anabel playing in the water.  This display actually mimics the red and white blood cells and their movement through arteries.  Not sure they knew that, though.  :)

Rosalie and Anabel ... these two girls became fast friends!  It was a joy to watch them play together.

Duffy and her 2nd daughter, Courtney.
Precious!

Aaron and Courtney

Aaron and Courtney are within a few months of being the same age.  Martin and Natalie are also fairly close in age. (Martin is a year older)  You may be thinking to yourself ... hmmm ... Courtney (at only 6 yo) is taller than Martin.  You are exactly right.  Duffy and Mike are growing super humans!  Really, though, Martin and Aaron are small for their age and Courtney and Natalie are quite tall for their age.  

Aaron is all harnessed up for the moon walk.

Courtney and Aaron did the moonwalk attraction together.

Natalie 

Martin

Of course, I had to snap a picture of a portion of the Nashville skyline that we were able to see out the windows of the Science Center.   In the center of the picture is what we affectionately call the Batman Building.  (it's actually the AT&T building)  The children talked about this building all week long as we drove by the city many times throughout the week.

A little history:
Duffy and I were roommates our last year of college.  She was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and I sang in her wedding.  We have been watching our children grow up through pictures for many years now.  While sitting across from Natalie one day, I was just overcome with emotion because I have been seeing her in pictures for the last 8 1/2 years! I am so thankful that I got to meet her children and get to know them.  They are precious young ladies!

It was a joy to watch our children connect so easily and become friends in such a short time.  I am so thankful that I got over my fears of making a 10 hour drive (without another adult backup) with my 4 children.  It was worth it.  The children will tell you the long drive was worth it too.  They had a wonderful time.  Duffy was her usual "wonderful hostess" self.  Taking in 5 people for a week is quite a task ... I am sure we turned her household upside down.  She is and always has been one of the most hospitable people that I know.  I hope that we will have the chance to have her family in our home one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment