Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cleaning the porch


3 paint brushes + 1 bucket of soapy water + 3 excited and willing boys = a clean porch
I swept the porch the best that I could and then put my boys to work to clean it. They actually did a fine job! In the last couple of pictures they started working on the siding of the house.
Aaron, much to my surprise, was the hardest worker on this particular day. He kept telling the other two that they needed to stop messing around and get to work. I overheard him telling Martin, "children don't normally get to do a job like this, so you better get busy!"
Three observations from me: 1. I love how much they loved doing this "job".
2. I love how had they worked.
3. I love that it kept their hands busy.







3 comments:

  1. I just LOL'd at Aaron's comment! I think you just gave me an idea for today -- if I only had some paint brushes, lol

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! William and especially Charlotte would love doing that :) I'll have to plan that for our next warm day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!

    PS. So glad to see you last night at WOW. I'm happy you are back home and hope that things are settling back into a routine for you. I've been praying for you!

    ReplyDelete