Sunday, October 25, 2009

A quick note to say . . .

Please pray for my dad. He's just been admitted to the hospital for severe pneumonia. He's had a couple breathing treatments already and is on oxygen. He's also been diagnosed with Diabetes, however, they are not addressing the diabetes at this point. They are trying to get the Pneumonia dealt with and are trying to get him comfortable.
It is in times like these that I wish that we lived closer. I know there isn't really anything I can do, other than pray. But it would be nice to be nearby, so that at least I could visit.

I also want to thank those of you who have been praying for me. I have been praying diligently that God will give me the energy necessary to get through each day, and that He would help me to treat my children with the grace and mercy that he extends to me. God is so good. He has given me more than enough strength to get through each day. Thanks for praying for me. I know without doubt that many of you have been. Rosalie is waking about 3-4 times a night. Most of the time, I can nurse her and get her right back down - and it only takes about 15 minutes. I mentioned that Jonathan often wakes me once each night to go to the bathroom. Last night, around the 2nd time I was up with Rosalie, I noticed that all the lights were on upstairs, including the bathroom light. This morning, Jonathan told me that he went #1, and got his underwear and pants back on all by himself. What a little trooper he is. So, sometime last night, he got himself up, went to the bathroom and got himself back to bed without me ever knowing. I don't know whether to feel guilty about it or just be thankful that he was able to do it! (Just be thankful, I know - but it makes me wonder if I have made him feel bad for waking me up - I sure hope not!)

My mom was planning to come up this week and spend the week with us, but since my dad is sick, she'll be staying at home taking care of him. I am also praying for her this week as she cares for my dad.

At this very moment, I have both my little ones down for naps, so I am going to try and upload some pictures and make some posts that will appear throughout the week. I'm not really sure how far I will get . . . but maybe I'll at least get 3 posts up this week. We shall see.

As always, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that your Dad is in the hospital. I will be praying for him and for your Mom as she cares for him.

    PS. So glad that you are doing better too! I was praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete