Thursday, October 22, 2009

Just no time

to post on my blog lately. Rosalie, my calm and easy baby, has turned into a difficult and high maintenance baby. She has gone from sleeping 11 hours a night since May 1st, to waking 3 times a night. I am beyond exhausted from waking so much at night. It's pretty common for me to be up with Jonathan once each night too. So, there are times when I don't get to sleep more than an hour or two in a row. So, now, not only am I working non-stop all day long, I am also having to work at night. No more nights off for me! So, I guess that means I really do work 24/7! LOL

Really, those 5 months that she was sleeping all night were a tremendous blessing to me. Life is not easy with 4 children, homeschooling 2 of them, and making all of our foods from scratch. I know there are things I could probably do to make life a little easier, but that might require that I compromise in the area of health and nutrition. Knowing what I know about the immune system and how much it is affected by nutrition, I cannot compromise in this area. So, I press on with my work in the kitchen. I am considering getting help with the cleaning, however. I am pricing out cost of a cleaning service. I am thinking about getting someone to come once every other week, just to help me with the deeper cleaning projects that I don't seem to have to time to do. I have no idea what to expect as far as price, though.

Life has been overwhelming for me. Rich is working so much, that he is unable to help me. He is overwhelmed with all the work that he has to do too. One thing is for certain, though. I have the opportunity to teach my children a valuable and biblical lesson. Phillipians 2:14 Do all things without complaining or dispute.
Have you ever noticed that children tend to whine and complain alot? Where in the world do you think they learn to complain? Do you have any idea how many times that I hear myself in their complaints? Do you have any idea how many times a day I quote that verse to my children? I am pretty certain that if I modeled no complaining to them, that they would probably learn more quickly this valuable lesson. I am a work in progress. And my goal right now is to make it through this difficult season of life without complaining. My prayer is that my children will hear words of encouragement and words of praise come out of my mouth. How much does complaining help anyway? Does it make anything better at all? No, it never does. How easy it is to fall into the trap of complaining, though. I must admit, I havn't been doing a very good job in this area. I have a tendency toward letting my circumstances overwhelm me to the point where I get grumpy and unpleasant.
However, I suspect that I have had people praying for me lately, because each day this week has been a great day. My nights have still been sleepless, but the days have been full of cheer and laughter. So, those of you who have been praying for me . . . thank you for your prayers.
I am so thankful that God is not done with me yet. I love this journey I am on - this journey of being a child of our King - this journey of being a wife - this journey of being a mother to my children - and this journey of teaching my children - and believe me - there is JOY in the journey!

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Oh remember all those sleepless nights with Aaron and Jonathan? I'm sure you do and you made it through that! I hope this is just a short sleep issue with Rosalie. Is she teething? Hungry? Getting sick?
    Praying this ends soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larissa, this was so convicting on so many levels. I have been teaching Phil. 2:14 (trying to, lol) to Keaton for about 6 months now...and you are so right - if I MODELED it instead of just said it every time i asked him to do something...whew.

    Continuing to pray for you as your week goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a great idea to get some house help! If you can afford it, it would be a wonderful way for you to focus on the things that are most important to you in your life right now! I wish I could do that! Maybe in the future.

    ReplyDelete