Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Trip to Virginia

We were able to go to Virginia early in June and we had a great time! We spent most of the days at my sister's pool!
Jonathan decided that he would swim. And he did. It took me the first almost 6 years of his life to convince him that arm floaties would keep him from sinking. He finally believed me last summer. This year, he decided to take them off and swim, and sure enough he was swimming within 10 seconds. It's so much easier to just wait until Jonathan decides something than to try and convince him!

He may be stubborn, strong willed, and a hot mess sometimes ... but I sure do love this little guy!

Perfection in capturing this little girl's personality. 
We also spent a day at Busch Gardens

The weather was perfect, the lines were fairly short! It was a fantastic day!

The children had so much fun!





We rode pretty much everything that could be ridden! Rosalie rode the roller coaster (for children) and she said, "That was the best roller coaster I have ever ridden!" Too funny, since it was the only one she'd ever ridden! The second time she rode it, she said, "That was even better the second time!"

Martin is my roller coaster loving child! There is not a roller coaster that he will not ride. He was very excited that he was tall enough to ride all of them! I rode them all with him too! We had a blast. I was quite fearful of the one that had a drop that was at 90 degree angle. But I suffered through it, and he thought it was amazing!

Aaron was big enough to ride some of the roller coasters and he loved the ones he could ride. It was so much fun riding those rides with my children!! Mom and Dad came with us as well as my sister and her family! It was a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Loved hearing about your adventures in Busch Gardens! My family is huge roller coaster lovers and it sounds like you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larissa -

    Thanks for the comment on my blog! After being so bad about blogging the past few months, I am trying to get our trip pictures up fast. It was a fantastic trip and the kids did so well considering they were in the car for about 1,400 miles.
    I was thinking about you during our days in PA and wondering if you were there, too.

    Looks like you are having a fun summer and enjoying the school break! I can tell by the pictures that your kids are growing up, just like mine .... too fast. Wilhelm has grown over 2 inches since March and Eliana is only 1'1" shorter than me!

    Hope you continue to have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete