Monday, July 8, 2013

Spring Band Concert

Martin performed with the beginning band at the Spring Band Concert in May. I was incredibly impressed with the amazing performance that the beginning band gave! At the beginning of the school year the children had hardly even held their instrument before and by the end they were playing some very impressive music! I love Capital Christian Homeschool Bands! The instructors are outstanding musicians and educators. I am so thankful that homeschooled children have opportunities such as this one!  Martin had a great year and is looking forward to being a member of the Concert Band next school year!

At this concert, the Concert Choir made their debut performance. I began teaching the Concert Choir in February. I am excited to say that it was a wonderful experience. I am so thankful to be working with the CCHBands as their Choral Director. After many years of not teaching and conducting choral groups, I am so excited to be doing it again! When we started in February, the organization was running it as a pilot program to see if it would be successful. I am happy to say that I will be teaching it again this coming school year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment