Monday, April 9, 2012

Resurrection Sunday

The night before Resurrection Sunday ... the crown is full of thorns that represent our sins that Jesus bore.
Bright and early on Resurrection Sunday, the children woke up to the "crown" wrapped in soft royal purple cloth. The thorns were gone. We have really enjoyed our Journey of Lent and the 40 days of anticipation!

"Mommy, what happened to the toothpicks? Why are they gone?"

So, I asked them ... what did the thorns (toothpicks) in the crown represent? My 2 older ones were easily able to answer ... our sins. I asked them what did Jesus' death and resurrection mean about our sin? It meant that Jesus took all of our sins on Himself and paid the price for our sin!
The younger ones are still trying to grasp it, but the older two understood completely.

I hope that you had a wonderful weekend and while resurrection day is traditionally the day to celebrate the resurrection, my prayer for my family is that we will celebrate what Jesus did each and every day.

Please take the time to read, An Empty Tomb, written by my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment