Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Spotlight is on ...

Aaron!

Aaron is 6 years and 11 months old.  He is 47  inches tall. (34th percentile) He weighs 52 pounds.(57th percentile)   He is in the 2nd grade.  
Favorite Subject in School:  English
Favorite Color:  Red
Favorite thing to do in my free time:  Read Books
Favorite Movie:  Cars 2
Favorite Food:  Pasta with Sauce and Meatballs
Favorite Dessert:  Brownies with ice cream
Favorite Book: DragonKeeper Series
Favorite Cookie:  chocolate cookies with toasted coconut and almonds
Favorite Vacation Spot:  Disney World
Favorite Bible Verse:  John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life."
Favorite Restaurant:  Los Tres Magueyes
Favorite Activity: Awana - especially saying his verses!
Favorite thing to wear:  sleeveless shirts and shorts
My Hobby:  Riding my bike and scooter, playing piano
What I want to be when I grow up:  Musician

Aaron is not easy to explain in a paragraph.  He continually amazes me with what he is able to grasp (conceptually) at such a young age.  He never seems to need to be taught how to do anything.  He just can.  One of the things that I love about Aaron is how remorseful he is whenever he does something wrong.  I never have to tell him that he should be sorry.  He is compassionate and thoughtful.  Aaron loves people!  He thrives in large groups and easily makes friends.  His most special friend is Katie.  He started playing with her when he was only 2 years old when we lived at the Seminary.  He and Katie are still special friends.  Aaron is creative, dramatic, artistic, and playful.  He is extremely focused when he does his school work.  Oddly enough, he is extremely antsy and has a hard time sitting still in most other situations.  I am so thankful for this boy.  Since he was a tiny baby he has always brought me so much joy with all of his smiles and laughs.  He was a terrible sleeper as a baby ... but I can remember saying over and over again ... how thankful I was that even though he never slept more than 2 or 3 hours in a row (until he was 2 years old) ... that I could always count on the fact that he would spend the entire day smiling and laughing.  JOY!  He still brings us all so much joy!  Aaron loves Awana and is incredibly hard working at memorizing scripture.  At this point,  Aaron's weakness would be that he is not as patient as he should be with his younger brother.  My prayer for Aaron is Proverbs 3:5-6.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."

No comments:

Post a Comment