Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spotlight is on ...

Martin!
Martin is 9 1/2 years old.  He is 50.75 inches tall.(11th percentile)  He weighs 63 pounds(36th percentile)   He is in the 4th grade.
Favorite Subject in School:  Independent History Study, which includes Draw and Write Through History as well as several History reading books.
Favorite Color:  Green
Favorite thing to do in my free time:  Play Video Games on the Wii
Favorite Movie:  Cars 2
Favorite Food:  Fettucine Alfredo
Favorite Dessert:  Sweet Potato Pie with whipped cream
Favorite Book:  Prince Caspian (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Favorite Cookie:  chocolate chip
Favorite Vacation Spot:  Disney World
Favorite Bible Verse:  John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life."
Favorite Restaurant:  Olive Garden
Favorite thing to wear:  Jeans
My Hobby:  Building Legos and hunting with Daddy
What I want to be when I grow up:  Not sure yet

Notes from Mom:I am so thankful for Martin!  We had an incredibly tough start to his 4th grade school year.  He and I were struggling to figure out a good routine that would work for both of us.  He was obstinate and unwilling to be flexible.  We cried, we fought, we struggled, and we persevered.  The results of those several weeks of struggle - and perhaps a little refining fire - have been worth the struggle!  Martin is producing outstanding work each day - and his attitude about it is outstanding.  I couldn't ask for anything better than what he is giving me.   Martin's attitude tends to trickle down to the rest of the children, so I am thankful that he has consistently maintained an excellent attitude.  He has always been an excellent helper to me and continues to be that for me.  His biggest weakness is his temper.  He has a quick and hot temper.  One of his strengths, though, is that he quickly recognizes when he loses self control.  Martin is an introvert.  He is not comfortable in large groups of people.  He is excellent one on one, however.  He is tenderhearted and loving.  I don't know what Martin will do when he grows up, but my prayer has always been and continues to be that he will love the Lord with all if his heart, soul, and mind - and love others as himself.




3 comments:

  1. What a sweet spotlight on Martin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this spotlight on Martin!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Larissa,
    I follow your blog and really enjoy it, but don't comment hardly at all...something about five little ones running around.

    This post made me think of something. I just began with HOD this year with my oldest in Bigger. Next year I will be adding in another year with my older two girls.

    I would love to email with you, if you are interested, about how you manage/schedule multiple levels of HOD.

    Thanks,
    Heather
    ryanheathernelson@gmail.com
    www.learninglovingteaching@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete