Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rosalie meets Minnie Mouse and update



It's a little hard to believe that it's taken me longer than a month to finish the blog posts on our trip to Disney. The video above is the reason I didn't have very good pictures of Rosalie and Minnie. I wanted to capture the meeting on video. Rosalie was more excited to meet Minnie than any of them, and the wait was worth it!
Our trip to Disney was really fantastic. We are so thankful that we were able to experience it with my parents and sister's family. Rich and I were planning on checking this Disney thing off of our list ... and then moving on to all the other great vacation spots we want to hit ... however, we were only a couple days into the trip when we started talking about returning when Rosalie is of the roller coaster riding size! Whether or not we are able to do that still remains to be seen, but we are thinking about it.

Thanks to all of you who continue to follow my very slow moving blog! Since our trip to Disney, there really hasn't been a "normal" for us. I am sure that normal will resume in time, though. We returned home from Virginia about 8 days ago, and it's taken me that long to get back in the swing of being back home. We spent close to 5 weeks in Virginia to help my Mom through her recovery. Her surgery went very well ... however, her recovery is going to take a very long time. Many of you continue to ask me about how my Mom is doing and I know that many of you are still praying for her. Thank you for that. My Mom is doing as well as she can be doing under the circumstances. She is learning to be left handed and one handed. My sister lives very close to my Mom, so she is helping my Mom to get to all of her doctor appointments and therapy appointments. It will be a long time before she will be able to drive again.
I am thankful that I was able to help as long as I did, but wish that I could be closer to help out on a more on going basis.

Thanks for praying for us over the last several weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a sweet video! And I love that ya'll are planning on returning too. We said the same thing. It's a place that you just can't wait to go back too!

    ReplyDelete