Monday, September 26, 2011

Jonathan started Kindergarten!!

Here is my big kindergartener in front of our school room.

Here he is walking into his classroom (a.k.a. the school room) the first time as a school boy.

Here he is sitting in what has become known as the "hot seat". The hot seat is where each student sits while I teach them their lessons. Then they go to the table to do independent/seat work.

Jonathan started Kindergarten shortly after our return from our vacation. We did the first official school day at home before we headed to Virginia to help my Mom and Dad. I packed about 4 weeks worth of school books to take with us to Virginia ... not knowing how long we would stay. We ended up needing all 4 weeks worth.

Jonathan is doing very well! He is a hard worker and seems to learn concepts quickly. I am encouraged at how it is going with him. I am thankful that he is an eager learner. He loves school! This makes him easy to teach ... and I love to teach him!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy Kindergarten to you Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear about more about what you are doing with Jonathan for Kindergarten. (I'm pretty sure you said it was a spin-off of HOD, or maybe a "tweaking" of HOD!?) I'm so glad you're off to a great start!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete