Monday, June 21, 2010

Growth

Every once in a while I track the growth of my children. I was really good about it with Martin and Aaron. . . but got less good at it with Jonathan, and just did it for the first time with Rosalie.

***Martin - 8 years 1 month is 55 pounds and 47 1/4 inches
44th percentile for weight and 6th percentile for height

***Aaron - 5 1/2 years old is 44 pounds and 43 1/2 inches
61st percentile for weight and 29th percentile for height

***Jonathan - 3 years and 7 months old is 35 pounds and 39 3/4 inches tall
59th percentile for weight and 63rd percentile for height

***Rosalie - 16 months - 25 pounds - 29 1/2 inches
Rosalie is at 72nd percentile for weight and 3rd percentile for height

I don't put much stock into growth charts - after all - they are just averages of normal growing children. But it's fun to chart it all out and see where exactly they show up on the chart. Apparently two of mine barely make it on the chart for height!
Jonathan has been my one child who has grown so differently from my other children from the very beginning. He was my biggest baby at birth and has kept up with that ever since.

***I think that Jonathan may end up being our tallest when full grown.

2 comments:

  1. It's always fun to see how much they grow!! I recently did my kids and I am surprised to see how close they are to Aaron and Jonathan.

    Eliana is 45lbs and 43 inches
    Penn is 35lbs and 39 inches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you take your kids to a doctor? I know you don't do immunizations and you use a lot of home remedies for sicknesses. I was just wondering if there is ever a time where you give in and do, just in emergencies?

    Isn't it funny how the further in line the kids are the less information you have about them? We have that problem with only 2...I can't imagine 4! HA!

    I think it is fun to guesstimate who will be the tallest and what not. Your kids are beautiful and growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete