Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy December!

We are traveling home today. We've been visiting in Virginia for over 3 weeks now. We had a great time visiting. My parents have been enormously patient with the chaos that a family of 6 brings to their household. (well, it was only 5 of us most of the time, but Rich did join us last week)
Today we are beginning our celebration of advent. (which officially began this past Sunday) I'll be posting a picture of our Advent banner once it is completed. My mom is helping me make it, and I still have some finishing touches before I will be ready to post the picture.
The whole idea of the advent banner and the scripture readings that go with it - is to focus on Jesus and the prophesies throughout scripture of the coming Messiah. Each day we will study a passage from scripture and then work on some sort of craft to go with the Scripture reading. Once we are done with the craft, we are going to place it on the banner. Eventually, it is my plan to make a permanent craft/object to go with each reading to place on our banner. I don't have time to pull all of that together this year. So, this year, we are going to be doing coloring sheets and other temporary type of crafts to place in each square.
We are excited to begin this tradition in our family - and I will post updates throughout the month as we begin to fill up our banner.

1 comment:

  1. We do advent as well!! We use the candles! It's a great time to spend together as a family reading the scripture and praying together, remembering the true meaning of Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete