Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ramblings

We've been in our new house for going on two months. We seemed to have settled into a routine. There are so many things that I love about living out here. I love that we are out in the country! I have not found myself at all frustrated that we have a pretty long drive to go anywhere we need to go.
We are loving that our children (except for Rosalie) are free to go outside and run and play and get dirty every day! And they do get dirty, I must tell you! We have large hills of dirt almost directly in front of our house. You know ... my boys are in heaven playing on those hills! I love the we have woods directly behind our house with enormous boulders. Yes, they love playing back there too. They are free to play in the back yard ... the front yard... the neighbors back or front yard ... the culdesac ... the empty lot across the street. They can ride their bikes around our neigborhood, too!
We've gone from feeling cooped up most of the time ... to having a million fun things to do all the time! When I see my boys running through the little ravine at the end of our court . . . or running through the woods in the backyard chasing each other with large sticks ... yeah ... that makes my heart happy! I have thought a million times ... they are totally doing what boys should be doing!!
Rosalie loves the outdoors too, but she is limited to going outside when I can take her. So, she busies herself inside ... and sometimes watches out the window. She has also started waking again in the night. Sometimes 3 or 4 times. I will usually just go to her and hug and rock her and lay her back down. It's hard to get interrupted sleep like that, but I am hoping that she will go back to sleeping again soon.
After all, she does give some of the best hugs ever!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that your home is surrounded by so many wonderful adventures for your little ones! Missed you guys at church today~ Hope Rich is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete