Friday, September 24, 2010

Busy moving ...


I have a list about a mile long of things that I need to do to get ready for our move. Thankfully, we have had the whole month to be packing, purging, and preparing.
Today I finished up week 7 of our school year, and we are going to take a 2 week break.
Tomorrow, I plan to pack up the school area. Thankfully, my mom will be coming early next week to help me finish packing up this house and then help me get settled in the new house. I don't know what I'd do without her help!
There are many people who have been helping us throughout the month and many people who will be helping us. I am so thankful for the people in our lives that are so willing to help and give of themselves. Thanks doesn't even come close to being enough!
My friend, Amy - took my 4 children Tuesday morning, so that I could go through all of their stuff and purge. I purge often - really, I do! However, I always have at least one of them convincing me to keep most of the things that I want to purge. So, thankfully I was able to do that without Aaron ... I mean, my children at home. (LOL)
My friend Shannon - took time out on Wednesday - not only to hang out with us at the nature park - but also to help me get a new mattress for Martin. (she has a truck!)
She will also be helping me pick up the new beds we ordered for the children.
So, the next week is going to be very busy for us - really the next couple of weeks.
We close on the house on Wednesday. We are thankful that we found this house. We are thankful that we are staying here in NC. We never dreamed this would happen ... however, NC has really become home to us.
My posts may be fewer over the next few days, but I'll have some updates here and there as we settle down in our new and permanent residence!

4 comments:

  1. So EXCITED for you!! We will be gone for your actual move but let me know what you need in the process before or after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thankful you are staying in NC too...so excited for you moving to your new home very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you, Larissa!!! Praying that all goes well in the next week of packing, moving and unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it!!! Your own house!! I'll pray your moving goes well. Can't wait to see all the pictures of the new house!

    ReplyDelete