Thursday, September 16, 2010

12 New Things -Month 1

Month 1
Learn how to run the finances in our home.
Update:
Failure
With everything else going on this month with getting ready to move. I did not make my "new thing" a priority. It's still on my list of things to do. However, it just didn't get done this month.
So, I am on to my next "new thing".
Which is ...
become and expert at making meatballs.
This would be a good time for my father-in-law to give me some of his secrets. My entire family loves meatballs. I make them a lot. They all eat them and love them too. And just when I think that I have gotten the hang of it and that my meatballs are actually pretty good ... I make the trip to Pennsylvania and eat one of my father-in-law's meatballs ... and those meatballs put my meatballs to shame.
I know that asking for a recipe will never do ... because I am guessing that my father-in-law has never made his meatballs the same twice. For that matter, as many times as I have made them, I've never made them the same way twice.
However, I haven't quite discovered the secret yet ... so, I will continue on my journey of tweaking the meatballs ... and just maybe, I'll get it right!
Even in the midst of packing up my house and moving ... this will be one "new thing" that I'll be able to attempt. We still have to eat - whether we move or not ... so, I'll still be cooking!

3 comments:

  1. Excited to hear about the process of perfecting the meatballs! You are such an excellent cook. Your meatballs would probably put anyone to shame!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is the move in date? How exciting!! Don't be too hard on yourself if you don't get your "new things" done.

    ReplyDelete